Health & Safety
At Mellors Group we take our moral and legal duties to provide a safe environment for our customers, fellow contractors and staff very seriously.
We have a dedicated Health and Safety department with qualified and experienced staff at the helm.
We monitor all risk assessments and safe systems of work continually as part of our ongoing commitment to Health and Safety.
We have dynamic Health and Safety training which we provide to our staff annually and specific training is a continuum which we adhere to. We are a big believer in continual professional development and implement procedures to adapt to our ever-changing industry.
Health and Safety is our number one priority during operations; we have strict safety protocols when dismantling and erecting rides and attractions to ensure no injury is caused to staff or visitors.
Even one injury to any person visiting or working on our attractions is one too many.
Unlock Your Potential with Our IAAPA Pre-Approved Training and Development Courses!
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Our pre-approved training and development courses are your ticket to success. Here’s why you can’t afford to miss out:
- Elevate Your Skills: Our courses are meticulously curated to empower you with the latest industry knowledge and practical skills that employers value most.
- Career Advancement: With a certificate from our programs, you’ll stand out in the competitive job market and be better positioned for that next step in your career.
- Flexible Blended Learning: We understand your busy schedule. That’s why we offer a blend of learning techniques which include online, immersive (Virtual Reality), visual, and in-person options, allowing you to learn at your own pace.
- Expert Instructors: Learn from the best in the field! Our instructors are industry experts who are passionate about sharing their knowledge with you.
- Tailored Outlined Programs: We’ll guide you through a thoughtfully designed program that maps out your learning journey, ensuring you acquire the right skills at the right time.
- On-the-Job-Training: We believe in learning by doing. Our course incorporates real live scenarios and on-the-job-training, allowing you to learn as you work.
- Competency Assessments: For each module we go beyond theory. You will be assessed on both theory and practical aspects, ensuring you truly comprehend the material and can apply it in the real world.
Don’t wait for success to come to you – seize it with both hands! Enrol in our pre-approved training and development courses today and embark on a journey towards a brighter, more fulfilling future.
IAAPA Pre-Approved Provider Program courses can be used to satisfy ICAP (IAAPA Certified Attractions Professional) and ICAE (IAAPA Certified Attractions Executive) continuing education requirements. Please see our pre-approved courses below:
- A05R-01 Mellors Group – Attraction Attendant
- A05R-02 Mellors Group – Attraction Operator Introductory Programme
- A05R-03 Mellors Group – Attraction Operator Intermediate Programme
- A05R-04 Mellors Group – Operational Zone Supervisor Programme
- 6317 – 33 Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- 1788-10 Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Engineering Maintenance and Installation (Mechanical Maintenance)
- Maintenance Fundamentals (E-Learning)
- Build Up and Pull Down (E-Learning)
- Maintenance Foundation
- Maintenance Intermediate
- Maintenance Advanced
- Fluid Fundamentals
- Mechanical Fundamentals
- Electrical Principles (1-3)
- Basic Electronics
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Duty Manager Training
- Fall Arrest Training (E-learning)
- Virtual Reality Training
- Emergency Evacuation Training
- Train the Trainer
- Non-Technical Skills Training
To enquire about bespoke courses or any of the courses mentioned above, please contact Christopher Napier via email: email@example.com
City & Guilds Institute of Leadership
Mellors Group are now delivering City & Guilds of London Institute and ILM assured training programmes in house and to external companies. We have designed these tailor-made courses that incorporate various training outcomes and learning objectives designed specifically for the roles of Attraction Attendants/Hosts, Attraction Operators and Supervisors. These are based on Industry Standards: BS EN 13814, HSG 175 – (England) and ISO 17842 (Saudi Arabia).
City & Guilds quality review our Assured Programmes to ensure it meets the Assured Benchmark Standards. Each candidate is issued a certificate by the City & Guilds of London Institute on behalf of Mellors Group and City & Guilds/ILM on successful competition of the programme.
The programmes we currently operate are as follows (click the bullet point for a detailed description):
- Attraction Attendant Programme (City & Guilds)
- Attraction Operator Introductory Programme (City & Guilds)
- Attraction Operator Intermediate Programme (City & Guilds)
- Operational Zone Supervisor Programme (Institute of Leadership and Management)
If you would like to know more information regarding our assured training programmes, please click here.
Virtual Reality Training
Mellors Group prides itself on being the safest possible attractions operator. In 2020, we became the first operator in the world to begin using Virtual Reality (VR) to train operator and stewarding staff. The development process involved taking 360-degree videos of individual rides and creating specific training packages for each. Trainees are taught by accredited supervisors in a classroom setting.
The results have been more than impressive. Feedback from trainees has been universally positive. We can assess their performance in real time and guide them to areas of particular hazard that they may have misunderstood.
Using VR has distinct advantages over any other form of attractions health and safety training. The predominant use of visual information as the stimulus removes language barriers. Cognitive retention of information is 6x higher in the immersive virtual 3D environment versus traditional slide presentations. Most importantly, the quality and professionalism of all staff is markedly improved. This is best-in-class health and safety training and Mellors Group will continue to push the boundaries of what is achievable in this most vital area of operational management.